Tai Chi for Health and Well-being
Please be advised that it is always recommended that you consult with your GP and other healthcare specialists before starting ANY Tai Chi programs
Tai Chi belongs to the great family of physical exercises designed with the purpose of cultivating and preserving the life force Qi.
With roots in martial arts, developed by the Chinese monks in order to counterattack the long time spent immobile in meditation and mindfulness, Tai Chi, alongside QiGong and other forms of Qi cultivation and preservation, presents many forms and styles, all created with the same principles in mind: the integration of body and mind by controlling the movement of the body and the breathing, thus cultivating the life force and rendering the human being in total harmony with themselves and with the Universe.
The slow, soft moves were created to build and reinforce fitness, agility and balance, both in body and mind. The mind is present and aware of every move the body makes.
Benefits of Tai Chi:
- Reduces pain. From the Chinese medicine point of view, Tai Chi enables the free flow of Qi, Blood and Body Fluids. The moves are especially designed to follow the natural flow of Qi along the meridians and collaterals, thus restoring the healthy flow of Qi and the elimination of stagnant energy and pain. A good flow of Qi also leads to a good flow of Blood and Body Fluids which nourish the muscles and the joints, which means less pain and stiffness and more mobility.
- Promotes mindfulness. Because the mind is present and aware of every move the body makes and it focuses on the breathing at the same time, Tai Chi is in fact moving mindfulness. It makes you aware of your body and breathing in the present moment, helping you control the mind from wandering off. This calms the mind and helps you think more clearly.
- Reduces stress. The classes do not measure progress in any way. All the participants are there to enjoy themselves while moving within their own range of mobility and comfort. This contributes to a very a relaxed state of mind.
Tai Chi for Health programs developed by Dr Paul Lam combine Western medical science with Oriental wisdom. The programs are designed especially for medical conditions, such as: arthritis and fall prevention, diabetes, rehabilitation and so on.
It is a known fact that people in pain and elderly people are more prone to accidents due to lack of balance.
Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention contains twelve simple and easy to follow moves that have been chosen for their ability to increase muscle strength, balance and confidence in people suffering from:
- Post-stroke rehabilitation
Benefits of Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention:
- Increases strength and flexibility
- Decreases pain in joints
- Decreases stress
- Helps reduce high blood pressure
- Increases a sense of well-being
- Improves balance
- Improves lung capacity
The program is endorsed and recommended by many international health organisations, such as CDC in America and Arthritis Care in UK.
If you are interested in joining any of the classes I teach in Tameside, please drop me a line 🙂
Your Transylvanian Tai Chi instructor and TCM coach,