Another life, literally.
Got my PhD, got promoted to Lecturer, became the LCCI Centre coordinator at the uni.
Wrote several books and a handful of research papers (28 in total)
Thought I had everything figured out. I thought I was happy and loved and safe.
Then burnout and PMDD arrived, bringing “happy” thoughts of a world that would be better off without me in it.
All I knew about UK was that the weather was horrible and the food not much better.
But this a wonderful man opened his heart and his house to me
And he told me I can be anything I want to be.
So I took a giant leap of faith and I jumped and never looked back.
I patched my cracked pot of a heart with gold from his love. And he stood by me through thick and thin and he taught me the real meaning of love
I am proud of my Transylvanian heritage and my battle scars. And my quirky accent.
I know I’m not everyone’s cup of tea and I’m happy with that. I tried that once and nearly killed me.
I’ve learnt that:
1. Not getting what I wanted was indeed a wonderful struck of luck
2. A kick in the butt is a step forward
3. What doesn’t kill you does make you stronger but it also gives you a sick sense of humour
4. Acupuncture is proof that getting stabbed in the back can be a very beneficial thing
5. English food is actually not that bad
Happy New Year everyone! Keep the ball rolling!